Conect your MIOIO card to Android.
If you've never tried a development card, this is a good starting point.
Let's go step by step so you do not miss out following the most basic example.
In our first application example we will make the minimum connections of the MIOIO card and in the second part we will make a program for Android device in order to turn on and turn off the STATUS LED on the card.
The first thing you have to do is gather the materials you are going to use.
- MIOIO card.
- USB bluetooth
- A battery holder or power supply that provides a voltage between 4.5V and 6V..
- And of course, an Android device that has bluetooth.
- Now, what we are going to do is connect the power (Batteries) to the development board, always respecting the polarity, the + (positive) with the red cable of the battery holder, and - (negative) with the black cord of the battery holder. It would have to turn on a led of red color.
- If you have arrived here, we can continue.
What we are going to do now, is verify that the Bluetooth USB device is compatible with the card. To do this, simply connect it to the card and at the same time observe that the orange light next to the red flashes for a moment (in case you do not see it you can remove a battery and put it back to return it Try to detect the device).
- The next step will be to synchronize the MIOIO card with the bluetooth usb connected and running, with our Android device.
To do this, we now have to focus on the Android device.
a. Go to Settings
b. Connect the Android bluetooth and then have the Android device find or detect a new device with the name IOIO.
c. We will press on that device and when it asks for the cable we will put it: 4545.There it is, that is all. If you've come this far you're on the best path.
- Okay, to make sure everything's fine, we're going to download an app from the Google Play Store so we can see if it really works.
We look for in the Play Store the following application: IOIO Hardware Tester
We installed it, we run it, and with the card turned on, it should connect to it.
From this application we can turn the STATUS LED on or off by pressing the "Yellow LED" button.